- Proof of a successful completion of a Bachelor degree course in Landscape Architecture or Landscape Planning, Landscape Construction, Landscape Management, Architecture, Urban Planning, Spatial Planning, Environmental Planning or related disciplines with a planning and spatial relevance at a German university or an equivalent degree from a university abroad
- The degree must show evidence of above-average examination results (2.5 or better on the German grading scale)
- Successful completion of the selection process based on the following criteria: focus, average grade and thesis subject of the first degree course, knowledge and experience gained as a result of practical work in Landscape Architecture or Spatial Planning (portfolio, duration of practical experience, etc.)
Graduates with qualifications beyond the Bachelor's level will also be considered for acceptance by the Admission Committee upon request.
The IMLA programme is free of tuition for all residents of the European Union (EU).
Non-EU citizens are required to pay a tuition fee of € 750 per semester.
In addition, there are moderate administrative fees for all students (EU and non-EU citizens).
The amount varies depending on the location of studies:
An English language certificate of level B2 in the European Reference Framework for Languages CEFR (or equivalent) is required with the application.
Application deadline is each year by 15 November.
International applicants are strongly recommended to submit their application as early as possible in order to avoid delays during the application peak time.
Programme start is each year in the summer semester, mid of March of the year following the application deadline. The location of studies alternates annually between Nürtingen and Freising (Weihenstephan) - depending on the year of the application:
- Applications submitted until 15 November 2020 will be valid for the programme start in March 2021 at Nürtingen-Geislingen University near Stuttgart
- Applications submitted until 15 November 2021 will be valid for the programme start in March 2022 at Weihenstephan-Triesdorf University near Munich
Please prepare your application early enough, have a look at the necessary application documents and follow the detailed instructions in our IMLA Application Guide (will be provided soon).
Use of the online application portal of uni-assist e.V. when applying: my.uni-assist.de
Select under the topic 'University': 'HfWU Nürtingen-Geislingen' and then 'International Master of Landscape Architecture' (only available in the selection mode summer term)
Within the IMLA cooperation Nürtingen-Geislingen University is responsible for all IMLA applications - no matter if you apply for Nürtingen or for Freising-Weihenstephan.
You may contact the programme assistant ( imla(at)hfwu.de ) if you have any questions concerning the application and admission process.
Uni-assist e.v. charges non-EU residents an application fee. Information on tariffs and payment can be found here. The application fee for EU-Citizens will be covered by the university.
Study certificates of international applicants will be checked for equivalence as part of the online application procedure. No additional recognition will be required.
Applicants requiring a visa for long stays in Germany are advised to apply for this document in good time. More information on visa issues is published by the German Academic Exchange Service
Are you looking for a scholarship? Please consider the following databases: